96. Telegram From Operation PBSUCCESS Headquarters in Florida to the CIA Station in Guatemala1
[place not declassified], February 9, 1954, 1853Z.
451. Re: LINC 399.2
- In accordance with ref, request ETA Givloch soonest.
- Prior to trip, request Givloch confer with FMBLUG to obtain JMBLUG’s personal views on following:
- What political platform should an anti-Commie group, seeking to overthrow WSBURNT Govt, espouse? What should be announced position of such group on agrarian reform, foreign capital, role of army, labor unions, nationalism, etc.?
- What political actions must an anti-Commie group, once it has seized power, carry out to remain in power? What should it actually do on the planks contained in its pre-coup platform?
- Above is for LINCOLN guidance prior to shaping up [name not declassified]/Calligeris positive political program.
- Dir FYI: Believe foregoing guidance helpful and easily obtainable but not to be construed as any effort to bypass ODACID.