82. Dispatch From the CIA Chief of Station in Guatemala (Givloch) to the Chief of the Western Hemisphere Division, Central Intelligence Agency (King)1
Guatemala City, January 11, 1954.
- Specific—Stephen R. Lugton
- In accordance with instructions received from Lugton, material received from him for forwarding is being placed in envelopes marked “To Lincoln, for Jerome C. Dunbar only” and included in Station Guatemala pouches for Washington. As per his request, only one copy of such material has been made and therefore station files will contain no record of information submitted by him. This station will therefore not be held responsible for being knowledgeable of information submitted by him.
- It is assumed that the policy of handling his material and the principle expressed is in accord with the wishes of Lincoln and Headquarters. If not, this station would appreciate being advised.
Kenneth S. Givloch
- Source: Central Intelligence Agency, Job 79-01025A, Box 98, Folder 7. Secret; Rybat. Sent for information to Operation PBSUCCESS Headquarters in Florida (Lincoln).↩