122. Telegram From Operation PBSUCCESS Headquarters in Florida to the CIA Station in [place not declassified]1
1690. 1. Important emphasis be placed on all evidence connecting WSBURNT with recent attempt against [name not declassified].2 Desire to know true sponsors of movement; where and how trained; origin of weapons and supplies plus any documentary evidence implicating WSBURNT.
2. Understand Diplomatic Corps invited to inspect weapons. Could you obtain photos and description including markings?
3. Jose Maria Tercero Lacayo in hands local authorities allegedly stated group trained in WSBURNT and sent [name not declassified] for this mission. Can you obtain details of interrogation?
4. Alberto Baez Bone allegedly former member WSBURNT army, a Luis Baez Bone, KMFLUSH exile in WSBURNT was connected with Communist front organizations. Are they identical? Where is Baez now? If captured, attempt obtain full details of interrogation.
5. Jorge Rivas Montes, Honduran, known leader of Caribbean Legion reportedly in charge WSBURNT Carib/Legion Training Program. Whereabouts unknown.
6. Francisco Ibarra Mayorga, Lt. Guillermo Duarte and Guillermo Suarez Rivas reportedly took asylum in WSBURNT Embassy. These plus Adolfo Alfaro and Hernan Robleto reported in [name not declassified] Embassy may become available for interrogation if [name not declassified] criminal law decision invalidates political asylum.
7. Juan Martinez Reyes, known KMFLUSH arms dealer.
8. Rifles and MG’s reported by Pivall as Mexican make; FBIS reports arms bore [name not declassified] marks.
9. Cable info priority as received.
- Source: Central Intelligence Agency, Job 79-01025A, Box 3, Folder 3. Secret; Priority; RYBAT; PBSUCCESS. Repeated to the Director of Central Intelligence and the CIA Station in [place not declassified].↩
- The Nicaraguan Government announced on April 5 the capture of an armed group allegedly planning an attack on Somoza; see Gleijeses, Shattered Hope, pp. 293–294.↩