The Secretary of State to the Chargé in Brazil ( Daniels )
486. Approval has been given by Dept to sale from surplus of following small Naval vessels to Brazil. You may notify appropriate [Page 443] representatives that Navy Dept and FLC will negotiate in Washington details concerning sale of these vessels. These vessels are part of Navy’s counterpart of War Dept “interim program” previously approved by Dept and comprises small armed vessels of general types and amounts requested during staff conversations.
- 12 PT—Motor torpedo boat
- 1 AF—Provision store ship
- 1 AGP—Motor torpedo boat tender
- 2 AN—Net laying ship
- 1 ASR—Submarine rescue vessel
- 3 ATE—Rescue tug
- 2 AO—Oiler
- 2 AOG—Oiler, gasoline tender
- 1 AD—Destroyer tender
- 1 AE—Ammunition ship
For your conf info Navy plans similar program of Naval aircraft and Naval equipment.