The Swiss Legation to the Department of State 4
Offering and warranting reciprocity the Italian Government would like to see the departure of the staff of the Italian Embassy, including all dependents, arranged under the following conditions:
- Safe-conduct from an American to a European port.
- Guarantees that the vessel bringing the staff back to Europe will not be forced to call at an inimical port or stopped at sea by enemy forces.
- Illimited removal of personal belongings.
- Exemption of control and search of any kind of the staff and the dependents as well as the private belongings taken along.
- Guarantees against seizure of such belongings.
Washington , December 13, 1941.
- Similar memorandum of the same date received from the Swiss Legation with respect to German interests.↩