The Minister in Switzerland ( Wilson ) to the Secretary of State
[Received September 8—2:10 p.m.]
118. Legation’s despatch No. 2094, June 19, 1931.26 Ekstrand27 has just called to explain how anxiously he and the others interested in this conference are hoping for a favorable response from the United States.
The conference begins on November 9th and its anticipated duration is 3 weeks. As very little time remains before those participating must start their voyage Ekstrand begs to learn the decision of our Government at the earliest convenient date.
- Not printed.↩
- Eric Einar Ekstrand, chairman of the Inquiry Commission in 1930 and director of the Opium Traffic and Social Questions sections of the League of Nations Secretariat.↩
- Sir Malcolm Delevingne, Permanent Deputy-Under-Secretary of State in the British Home Department.↩
- W. G. van Wettum, Adviser to the Netherlands Government for International Opium Affairs.↩
- Of the Japanese Foreign Office.↩
- J. B. Marshall, Excise Commissioner of Burma.↩
- G. Bourgois, French Consul at Bangkok.↩