46. National Security Council Record of Action No. 24390
POLICY TOWARD YUGOSLAVIA AND POLAND (“Review of Policy Factors Concerning Licensing of Exports to Yugoslavia and Poland”)1
- After discussing the paper entitled, “Review of Policy Factors
Concerning Licensing of Exports to Yugoslavia and Poland”, agreed:
- To remove the current suspension of export licenses for shipments to Yugoslavia and Poland, and
- To revert to previous practices, including the careful screening of all export licenses issued.
- Noted the President’s request that the Secretary of State review all types of economic assistance being extended to Yugoslavia and Poland and to present to the Council recommendations with respect to future assistance. These recommendations should rest on a review and restatement of U.S. policy toward each country.