8. Telegram From the Central Intelligence Agency to the CIA Station in [place not declassified]1
Washington, March 22, 1952, 1753Z.
32567. Re: [telegram indicator not declassified]113.2
- Agree Castillo must be contacted. Hope [name not declassified] can handle.
- [name not declassified] will contact you probably 25 March. With you he should ascertain: (1) opposing forces, (2) opportunity for buying support, particularly Army Guardia Civil and key gov’t figures, for immobilizing forces not buyable through student [less than 1 line of source text not declassified] or labor inspired action, (3) all details required for estimating success of proposed movement and how we can assist.
- [name not declassified], not witting at present of our intent to aid but is fully cleared.
- Submit full report of conversations.