276. Telegram From Operation PBSUCCESS Headquarters in Florida to the Central Intelligence Agency1
[place not declassified], July 9, 1954, 2100Z.
- LINC strongly concurs with [name not declassified] desires for P–51’s and subsequent sale F–47’s to Calligeris and urges all possible KUBARK effort to insure favorable decision on KMFLUSH request to ODACID and expeditious delivery of aircraft.
- As expansion of above views and to insure fullest utilization of
experience and knowledge gained through PBSUCCESS the following points are submitted for your
- Personal [less than 1 line of source text not declassified] support PBSUCCESS both have emphatically pointed up [name not declassified] opposition to communism, his clear insight Latin American affairs and his realization of need for and desire to establish and continue ODYOKE support and collaboration.
- SKIMMER as authorized by Hqs has made definite commitments to [less than 1 line of source text not declassified] Calligeris re help on air support which while not officially ODOYOKE commitments must be morally recognized as such and fulfilled if any future ODYOKE–Latin American dealings are to have proper foundation.