183. Telegram From [place not declassified] to Operation PBSUCCESS Headquarters in Florida1
583. 1. SECANT and all others adamant that 1 bomb, placed on presidential palace would be convincer to army on-the-fencers and cause mass hiding of key opposition.
2. Pilots convinced palace can be hit on 1 shot. SECANT convinced people would understand 1 bomb only not meant for them and would be convinced we holding back on bombing to prevent harming them. Field convinced.
3. Request SOMERSET be advised in accord with LINCOLN decision. If used, should be timed hours after clandestine broadcast announces go.
- Source: Central Intelligence Agency, Job 79–01025A, Box 13, Folder 6. Secret; RYBAT; PBSUCCESS. Repeated to the Director of Central Intelligence.↩