134. Telegram From Operation PBSUCCESS Headquarters in Florida to the Central Intelligence Agency1
[place not declassified], April 28, 1954, 0150Z.
2179. Re: HGGA 936.2
- Increasing Catholic activities in WSBURNT, noted in ref, make supporting action by Catholic Church dignitaries, lay groups, publications elsewhere in SGRANGER highly desirable for effect in WSBURNT and internationally.
- Suggest that [2 codewords not declassified] committee in [place not declassified] and contacts in [3 places not declassified] and anywhere else in SGRANGER might be contacted through stations concerned on via PBPRIME Catholic channels.
- Action might be tied to pastoral letter already publicized and could
- Warning against spread atheistic communism
- Prayer, assistance for endangered faithful in WSBURNT, defense of their Catholic schools, youth activities, other church assets
- Faithful to avoid spiritual contamination from Commie-controlled WSBURNT government agencies, fronts, propaganda media.
- LINC answering ref by dispatch.