The Acting Secretary of State to the Ambassador in Brazil (Caffery)
439. Further reference is made to your telegram no. 392, February 10, 3 p.m.93 Colonel Clay94 who states he saw Harding only 4 days ago, and Colonel Heard of MID,95 who referred to advices from your Military Attaché reported the following to the Department today:
- Condor has resumed flights.
- Condor has used FAB gasoline for these flights.
- The movement of Brazilian troops to the Natal area has been ordered stopped.
- Clandestine radio stations are resuming activity.
Please telegraph urgently whether these reports are correct and whether, particularly if flights have been resumed, they are regular, or special flights for the Brazilian Government.