James Watson Webb - People - Department History
James Watson Webb (1802–1884)
State of Residence: New York
- Chargé d’Affaires (Austria)
Appointed: November 1, 1849
Presentation of Credentials: February 6, 1850
Termination of Mission: Left post on May 8, 1850
- Commissioned during a recess of the Senate; nomination later rejected by the Senate.
- Minister Resident (Turkey)
Appointed: March 20, 1861
- Declined appointment.
- Envoy Extraordinary and Minister Plenipotentiary (Brazil)
Appointed: May 31, 1861
Presentation of Credentials: October 21, 1861
Termination of Mission: Left post on May 26, 1869
- Commissioned during a recess of the Senate; recommissioned on July 15, 1861, after confirmation.