Richard Rush - People - Department History
Richard Rush (1780–1859)
State of Residence: Pennsylvania
- Envoy Extraordinary and Minister Plenipotentiary (United Kingdom)
Presentation of Credentials: February 12, 1818
Termination of Mission: Presented recall on April 27, 1825
- Month and day not included on record copy of commission, which was issued during a recess of the Senate; recommissioned on December 16, 1817, after confirmation. Commissioned to the court of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
- Secretary of State ad interim
Appointed: March 10, 1817
Termination of Appointment: September 22, 1817
- Attorney General; Acting Secretary of State
- Envoy Extraordinary and Minister Plenipotentiary (France)
Appointed: March 3, 1847
Presentation of Credentials: July 31, 1847
Termination of Mission: Presented recall on October 8, 1849
- Reaccredited on April 26, 1848, when France again became a republic.