Administrators of the Technical Cooperation Administration
The Department of State established the Technical Cooperation Administration on Oct 27, 1950, to administer technical cooperation programs (Point Four) authorized under Title Four of the Foreign Economic Assistance Act of 1950 (Jun 5, 1950; 64 Stat. 207). Executive Order 10159 of Sep 9, 1950, had assigned this function to the Department of State. Administrators of the TCA were to be appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate. Reorganization Plan No. 7 of 1953 (67 Stat. 639) transferred the functions of the TCA to a newly established Foreign Operations Administration, effective Aug 1, 1953.