Robert Dale Owen - People - Department History
Robert Dale Owen (1801–1877)
State of Residence: Indiana
- Chargé d’Affaires (Kingdom of the Two Sicilies)
Appointed: May 24, 1853
Presentation of Credentials: October 22, 1853
Termination of Mission: Promoted to Minister Resident September 20, 1854
- Minister Resident (Kingdom of the Two Sicilies)
Appointed: June 29, 1854
Presentation of Credentials: September 20, 1854
Termination of Mission: Presented recall on September 20, 1858
- Commissioned during a recess of the Senate; recommissioned on February 8, 1854, after confirmation.
- Envoy Extraordinary and Minister Plenipotentiary (Kingdom of the Two Sicilies)
- Nomination of February 25, 1856, withdrawn before the Senate acted upon it.