John Moncure Daniel - People - Department History
John Moncure Daniel (1825–1865)
State of Residence: Virginia
- Chargé d’Affaires (Italy)
Appointed: July 23, 1853
Presentation of Credentials: October 10, 1853
Termination of Mission: Promoted to Minister Resident on or shortly before September 4, 1854
- Commissioned during a recess of the Senate; recommissioned on February 8, 1854, after confirmation.
- Minister Resident (Italy)
Appointed: June 29, 1854
Presentation of Credentials: On or shortly before September 4, 1854
Termination of Mission: Went on leave as of January 10, 1861
- Envoy Extraordinary and Minister Plenipotentiary (Italy)
- Nomination of February 25, 1856, withdrawn before the Senate acted upon it.