John Winchester Dana - People - Department History
John Winchester Dana (1808–1867)
State of Residence: Maine
- Chargé d’Affaires (Bolivia)
Appointed: August 26, 1853
Presentation of Credentials: February 23, 1854
Termination of Mission: Promoted to Minister Resident September 24, 1854
- Commissioned during a recess of the Senate; recommissioned on February 8, 1854, after confirmation.
- Minister Resident (Bolivia)
Appointed: June 29, 1854
Presentation of Credentials: September 24, 1854
Termination of Mission: Presented recall on March 10, 1859
- Envoy Extraordinary and Minister Plenipotentiary (Bolivia)
- Nominated on February 25, 1856; nomination withdrawn before the Senate acted upon it.