Lewis Cass Jr. - People - Department History
Lewis Cass Jr. (1814–1878)
State of Residence: Michigan
- Chargé d’Affaires (Holy See)
Appointed: January 5, 1849
Presentation of Credentials: November 19, 1849
Termination of Mission: Promoted to Minister Resident November 9, 1854
- Minister Resident (Holy See)
Appointed: June 29, 1854
Presentation of Credentials: November 9, 1854
Termination of Mission: Presented recall on November 27, 1858
- Commissioned to the Pontifical States.
- Envoy Extraordinary and Minister Plenipotentiary (Holy See)
- Nomination of February 25, 1856, withdrawn before the Senate acted upon it. Nominated to the Pontifical States.