About this Preview Edition
This is a preview of the electronic edition of Foreign Relations of the United States, 1961–1963, American Republics; Cuba 1961–1962; Cuban Missile Crisis and Aftermath, Volumes X/XI/XII, Microfiche Supplement. This volume, which was published in 1998 in microfiche only, is currently in the process of being digitized, but the digitization is incomplete. The original microfiche has been scanned in image form (3,113 images in all, including front matter and 746 documents), but the text has not yet been extracted from these images. Thus, the text of this volume is not searchable or accessible to screen readers. The Office of the Historian fully intends to complete the digitization process as resources allow, but is nonetheless releasing this preview at the current time in order mark the 50th anniversary of the Cuban Missile Crisis, documentation of which makes up the bulk of this volume.
This preview edition contains a downloadable PDF containing the volume’s front matter, as well as the complete text of the List of Documents; a link to a PDF is available for each document.
We are aware of the following problems with the volume:
- Document 176: Page 1 appears to be missing from the microfiche
- Document 409: Entirely missing from the microfiche
- Document 476: Page 4 appears to be missing from the microfiche
- Document 692: Two of the three pages are missing from the microfiche (but these pages may actually have been inserted into documents 693 and 694)
- Numerous documents are partially or completely illegible; those that were known to have problems during the preparation of the microfiche were stamped, "Best copy available"
Problems with the original microfiche edition that have been fixed here include:
- Document List for Document 223: Typo corrected ("Briceñ" corrected as "Briceño")
- Documents 346, 371, 372, 373, 374, 383, 455, 499, 500, and 501 appeared out of sequence
Please return for any updates about additional steps taken toward the digitization of this volume. Last Updated: October 4, 2012