- Chargé d'Affaires (Luxembourg)
Appointed: March 21, 1944
Termination of Mission: Superseded November 1, 1944
- Served near the Government of Luxembourg established in the United Kingdom; resident at London. No record has been found of the issuance or presentation of a letter of credence. Schoenfeld's designation as Chargé d'Affaires to Luxembourg ceased on Nov 1, 1944, when Sawyer presented his letter of credence in London. Legation Luxembourg had meanwhile been reestablished Sep 23, 1944, with Winthrop S. Green as Chargé d'Affaires ad interim.
- Envoy Extraordinary and Minister Plenipotentiary (Romania)
Appointed: July 28, 1947
Presentation of Credentials: September 25, 1947
- Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary (Guatemala)
Appointed: March 13, 1951
Presentation of Credentials: April 24, 1951
Termination of Mission: Left post. October 19, 1953
- Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary (Colombia)
Appointed: October 20, 1953
Presentation of Credentials: January 28, 1954
Termination of Mission: Left post. January 26, 1955
- Commissioned during a recess of the Senate; recommissioned after confirmation on Jan 26, 1954.